FAQ

FAQ

1. What is mold?
Molds are microscopic fungi. They are practically ubiquitous. They play an important role in the nature, especially in decomposition processes. However, they are also the most popular allergens.

2. What are mold spores?
Mold spores are microscopic fungi reproductive cells. They cannot be seen but they can be allergenic or even toxic when inhaled.

3. Is mold exposure dangerous for health?
Yes. Excessive mold exposure may cause serious health problems including different kinds of skin irritations, allergies, breathing difficulties, etc.

4. How should I deal with mold in my house?
It is important to make sure that there are no leaky pipes or other water problems in your bathroom or kitchen. You have to control the moisture level in your house and, if it necessary, use dehumidifiers. It is also advisable to call the mold expert and have your house checked.

 

Worker with proper equipment and outfit for mold removal

Mold contractor has proper equipment and outfit for mold removal

5. What are “toxic molds”?
Toxic molds are fungi which produce so called mycotoxins. They are very toxic and can cause health damage to people and animals.